IUS began teaching in the Fall of 2004 with an intensive English Language program at the English Language School. The succesfull students of that program and the new admissions with sufficient knowledge of English started the freshman year in the Fall of 2005. These students are now studying the common university courses irrespective of their choice of Faculty.
Intensive English Language Program
This is a one-year program that develops the language proficiency of the students who do not possess a TOEFL type English proficiency certificate or do not obtain a passing mark in the Language Assesment Exam at IUS. It will also serve as a general educational facility for advancing the reading and writing skills of the students of IUS.
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences offers the following programs of study:
- Visual Arts and Visual Communications Design
- Social and Political Sciences
- Psychology (PSY)
- Cultural Studies
- English Language and Literature (ELIT)
Faculty of Business and Administration offers the following programs of study:
Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences offers the following programs of study:
- Genetics and Bioengineering
- Computer Sciences and Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer education and Instructional Technology (CEIT)
- Turkish language and literature, Teaching (TLT)
- English language and literature, Teaching (ELT).